My fingers have gone stiff for the first time ever. I hope it's because I've been researching on the computer all day. Oh, please, Lord, let it be that and not the neuropathy! I'm getting shooting pains, too. I need to stop typing soon so this is being posted early tonight.
I spent most of my day at the neurology forum reading about different things, especially supplements. I also got a few replies from the forum's goddess out there so I'm feeling like I have a foundation to begin my road to the most recovery I can get due to the circumstances.
The scary cough with the strange feeling deep in my lungs only started up when I got my first neuropathy flare (are they called flares?) and I didn't notice it until I tried to sleep. I ended up having to prop myself up on pillows to ease the sensation slightly. It's worse when I lie down or when I sit up/stand and actively push the air out of my lungs - that's when it shoots the tingles into my legs.
The cough I have now (which I didn't have yesterday) is from that funky feeling in the bottom of my lungs... This has come BACK after being on antibiotics for two weeks for a sinus infection. Yesterday was my first day off and I felt the beginnings of it. Now it's back full-force and breathing while relaxing into sleep brings it on. I can minimize the feeling by propping myself up to sleep but I'm supposed to keep my back flat due to my AS.
Yesterday I started back on my vitamins/supplements. I added a few more this morning.
I did a Neti pot today. Clogged my ears, but I found out it was because of the angle of my head and too much leaning over. My sinuses still feel surprisingly empty but I'm still detecting some drainage at the back of my throat. I will continue doing it.
I'm trying to be proactive while feeling so scared.
After a good-night's sleep the sensation from my upper thigh to knee was a little better. I thought it would get worse as the day progressed but it didn't come back until my back popped a few minutes ago (the first pop today and at 7:30pm). I really hope and pray this will point the neuro to my pinching back, which could be unpinched to a degree with therapy and traction but eventually fixed with some surgery.
My lower back is aching, too, which may be a good sign I'm getting a little feeling back in that area.
I actually got hungry a few times today and ATE. Had a piece of pizza for breakfast. rat brought me a chicken club sandwich this afternoon and I ate all of it except half of the sourdough bread. I ate a Wendy's side salad a few minutes ago. Didn't need lots of water to get the food down, either. This is a GOOD thing - hopefully I'm getting better. Please let this continue!
Please, let the tests all come in early so they can work me in and I can start getting BETTER!
Update: rat felt my right shoulder-blade earlier today and found a bunch of lumps there. He pushed on some of them and sent tingles down my right arm. It was like the myofascial stuff in my arms.
DAMN! My stretches made me worse! The shooting pain is back in my lower back, legs and feet! It happened when I did the stretch where I lie on my stomach and stretch out the top of my calves by putting a dog leash on one foot and pull it toward my head. This has always felt GOOD in the past!
And I kept feeling like I had a bump on my lower right side of my back close to my tailbone, the same place that has been so bothersome for the past five years.
UPDATE! SHIT! The tingling is going into my bladder/crotch!
Thanks: --> to Lia, my sensei, who has inspired me to draw again. I
wouldn't be doing this without your support, Domo Arigato!
--> to Talon, for sending me her fabulous fics, inspiring me with her writing to draw my first
illustration for a story and actually liking what I drew.
--> to Dasia, for her words of encouragement when drawing her original chara.
--> to Joules, a wonderful epic fic writer, for liking my art enough to want to post them with Talon's
and her own stories.
--> to Lutra, the other half of the epic team, for being so supportive.
--> to Jacque' & Becca Raddittzu, we met on eBay as bidder and sellers and now we are face-to-face
friends. You showed us the real DBZ with your fansubs. It's all your fault the house is full of
doujinshi! *LOL*